In this policy, ‘Springboard Chester’ is used for ‘Springboard Chester Community Interest Company’.
The Springboard Chester website (this site) only stores any personal information if you use the site in the following ways (see below for a description of how the data is used):
- Create an account (‘a Springboard account’) with us (in other words when you ‘register’ with us by using an email address and creating a password).
- Use the ‘store’ (i.e. the shop) where you purchase items from the site.
- Use the ‘donation’ section, where you can donate to Springboard or one of our supported projects.
- Fill in the form on the ‘contact us’ page. This information is emailed to us, and we do not use this information for any purpose other than to follow up on the contact.
We take a proactive approach where user privacy is concerned. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy. Springboard Chester operates a Data Protection Policy and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
We do not disclose any personal information to anyone outside of the relevant project (so, if you give a donation to a project, only that project can view the information). We will never disclose any personal information to anyone without you knowing about it, with one exception:
- In certain circumstances, the Data Protection Act allows personal data to be disclosed to law enforcement agencies without the consent of the data subject. Under these circumstances, Springboard Chester will disclose requested data. However, the directors will ensure the request is legitimate and will seek legal advice where necessary.
A Springboard account can be created by:
- Selecting the ‘Register’ link and entering the information (the ‘Register’ link can be found by selecting the ‘Login’ link in the top menu)
- Selecting the box on the shop ‘checkout’ page
In order to store accounts, we keep a username and an email address and a password for each one. The username and email address are unique to each account.
NOTE: No-one from Springboard will ever get in contact with you to ask for your password. You should keep your password safe. You should also use a strong password (for example, see this article). If you would like to change your password, you can do so easily using the ‘Your Account’ section which is accessed from the top menu when you are logged in. To do this:
- Select the ‘Login’ link from the top menu and enter your current information
- Once you are logged in, select the ‘Your Account’ link from the top menu
- Select the ‘Change your password’ box from the ‘Your Account’ page
- Enter the information into the boxes, and select the button – your password will be updated immediately and you should use your new password the next time you login
Information we hold as a part of your Springboard account can be viewed and changed by you. When you login, navigate the account area using the ‘Your Account’ link.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website, they should take the necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block the cookies (although this may affect the website functions).
Contact and Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email but we advise users using such a form to email that they do so at their own risk.
Note that the site uses a security certificate to encrypt the information sent. This is to try to keep the information sent as safe as possible. You should always use the site with the ‘https://’ prefix at the start.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Further Information (all the links will open in a new window / tab):